For the last 20 years of my career, I traveled across the U.S. and Canada, and beyond, talking to large and small groups of people about rethinking education, the why and the how of preparing our children for their future. Below is the text of my presentations page, which informed potential clients about my topics.
Compiled clips from two keynotes delivered at the 2004 SETT Conference in Glasgow, Scotland and a conference in Palm Beach, Florida.
I have presented workshops and formal larger group addresses to audiences for more than 30 years. Most would say that I talk about technology. But this is not my goal. Instead, I try to persuade educators that technology’s impact has little to do with hardware and software, that it is more about the changing nature of our information landscape and how that has changed how we learn and even what it means to be literate. Education needs to adapt to today’s prevailing information environment and the ways that it has changed how we work and play.
Topics that I speak about:
- Literacy & Learning
- Three fundamental reasons why schooling should change
- Pedagogy in an age of opportunity
- Some short stories from a 37-year educator
- The new web and personal learning networks
- Data visualization
You may also find the following links helpful as you plan your professional development event.
- Technical A/V Needs
- Web Sites I Use and Talk About in my Presentations
- Photos for Your Event Program and other Promotional Material
- Discount Book Ordering Contacts